- Here you’ll find links to upcoming events, action opportunities, and some of the many wonderful organizations that are propelling the Good Food movement.
The National Center for Public Research announces that September is National Food Desert Awareness Month
Join the Good Food Movement and be inspired at the NOFA/Mass 34th Annual Summer Conference Aug 8 - 10th 2008
- Added Value
- Cook Street School of Fine Cooking
- Food Change
- Food Systems Network NYC
- Healthy Schools Campaign
- Just Food
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Slow Food NYC
- The Small Planet Institute
- Two Angry Moms
- World Hunger Year
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ACTION
- Protect “rBGH-Free” Labeling
- There has been a dangerous trend recently of states trying to make it illegal for dairies to label their milk as “rBGH-free.” Pennsylvania has already proposed such a rule, and Ohio is considering a similar rule. Help us stop this trend before it’s too late by contacting your State Governor, and telling them to protect “rBGH-Free” Dairy Labels.
- Support the Coalition of Immokalee Workers
- This grassroots organization made up of Florida tomato-pickers has successfully campaigned for fairer worker wages against McDonalds and Taco Bell. Join the fight to add Burger King to the list of corporate fast-food chains that treat their growers and pickers humanely.
- FURTHER READING
Eat Local Challenge
10 Steps to becoming a Locavore
Sustainable Kiddush - How to host one.